Leiden University, TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam Traineeship
Are you an academic professional who is just starting out and would like to work at a leading university? If so, a place on the two-year LDE traineeship offered by Leiden University, TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam (LDE) may be just what you are looking for!
LDE trainee class 2017
What you will do on the LDE traineeship
As a trainee, you will have a unique opportunity to develop professionally and personally within an academic and dynamic environment. The positions available are extremely varied but every one of them offers you the trainee an opportunity for connection, cross-fertilisation and renewal, ensuring you make an active contribution. For example, you can set to work as:
- Strategic Development Project Secretary
- Project Manager in a faculty
- Education & Student Affairs Policy Adviser/Consultant
- Business Analyst at central level
- Project Assistant within an LDE centre on strategic themes, such as diversity or internationalisation
- Process Optimisation Consultant, possibly in the field of services
- Supervisor for implementation programmes from central to faculty level
- Financial trainee, focusing on the position of Business Controller, with the training programme including a blend of central and faculty activities.
Become acquainted with the LDE trainees through their websites and blogs: www.ldetraineeship.nl and follow the trainees on Instagram .
In addition to your specific position, you will take part in an intensive training programme and have regular peer-to-peer learning sessions with fellow LDE trainees.
What we ask of you
You must have completed an academic Master’s degree programme by the start of the traineeship in September. You will also have no more than two years’ work experience and, in addition to your degree programme, will have administrative, international or other relevant work experience. You have a high level of self-reliance and can be employed flexibly across a wide area. You are also proactive in terms of thought and action, willing to go beyond your comfort zone, can reflect on your own actions and are capable of performing at different levels. You will be selected on the competencies: analytical thought, cooperation, initiative, focus on results and self-reflection.
The universities are committed to diversity and aim to ensure that their staff are an accurate reflection of wider society.
What we offer
- Interesting positions at one or several leading universities.
- A two-year training and professional development programme with fellow trainees, supervised by a leading educational institute.
- Peer-to-peer learning with your fellow trainees and the option of meetings with a mentor.
- Job rotation after a year, between institutions or within the university.
- Two one-year appointments for 38 hours per week (1.0 FTE).
- A salary based on scale 10.0 in the first year and scale 10.1 in the second year for a full-time appointment.
- An attractive package of employment benefits (Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch universities).
Around the end of April 2020 you can apply again for the LDE traineeship with a start date of 1 September 2020.
For further questions email to:
No recruitment agencies please
Information for employers at Leiden University, TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam Traineeship:
– Leiden University: Alex Vernooij
– TU Delft: Gytha Rijnbeek
– Erasmus University Rotterdam: Mariëlle van den Oever
Subscribe to the online Leiden-Delft-Erasmus magazine.