Delft , Zuid-Holland , Netherlands
Job type Full-Time Contract Regular/Permanent
Research and Development
Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a worldwide company and leader in the field of distribution of electricity, process and production automation as well as electrical, electronic and installation engineering products and systems. ABB is market leader in fast charging solutions which enable 10-30min charging time for electric cars and busses, a game changing technology which allows mass adaption of clean transportation.
Being part of a highly technical and growing market we are developing and supplying Electrical Vehicle (EV) Charger Infrastructure across the globe.
The HW Platform Team is based in our Netherlands location in Delft, where it creates platform components that are used in a wide range of EV charging products.
To further strengthen this team we are looking for a:
Thermal Design and Validation Engineer
For the development of new charging equipment HW platform components, ABB Product Group Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure is looking for an engineer with the following responsibilities:
- Working with Product Management and Architects to define high-level specifications of thermal (sub) systems and refining detailed Technical Requirement Specifications from these, with a focus on system integration and design safety / reliability.
- Identifying and managing suppliers for the creation of thermal (sub) system prototypes and, at a later stage, for the productization of the prototypes.
- Definition and execution of validation tests to validate the functionality, performance and reliability of thermal (sub) systems.
- Understanding of basic reliability concepts and of how to prove the life time of a component in the field through the various types of accelerated life testing.
- Creation of test setups, either personally or by working with lab-assistants.
- Solid reporting of the validation test results; ensuring that all information is available for later reference.
- Preparing thorough and accurate documentation of the design of the system.
- For existing systems, provide support for performing root cause analysis (RCA) of design related problems seen in the field.
- Solid experience in thermal design and the dimensioning of thermal solutions;
- Experience with thermal design validation using climatic chambers;
- Comfortable in the lab, pragmatic approach to creating up test setups / executing test plans with a solid eye to detail and accuracy;
- Knowledge of test scripting for automating test setups preferred;
- Good communication and reporting skills; can outline an issue or proposal in a concise and unambiguous manner;
- Good team player while able of working autonomously;
- Familiar with safety procedures working in Low Voltage environments;
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally;
- Fast learner that can pick up knowledge of the system fast in depth as well as broader sense;
- Fluent in English; Dutch is an advantage but not a requirement;
Register your resume and apply online via www.abb.nl by clicking on ‘Werken bij ABB’. If you have questions about the job position you can contact Kidanemariam, George Hintzenweg 81, 3068 AX Rotterdam, tel.
Reference Number NL72483150_E1 Publication date 2019-12-24