We are looking for a Software Quality Engineer with Computer Science background to join our team, based in Plaxis HQ in Delft, The Netherlands. As a part of software quality team, you will work closely together with research engineers and software engineers in a supportive, stimulating and informal environment, towards rapidly advancing PLAXIS software, whilst maintaining highest quality standards. The focus areas for this role include advancing software quality procedures, developing test plans, enhancing automated testing systems and test coverage. While knowledge of geotechnical engineering or Finite Element Method would be beneficial, it is not necessary for this role.
As Software Quality Engineer (Computer Science), you will be developing and executing software test plans, enhancing automated testing systems and test coverage. On a day-to-day basis, you will work as a part of a SCRUM team, comprised of software engineers and software quality engineers.
What You Bring to the Team:
• Academic background (BSc or above) in Computer Science or related field
• Strong drive to work with a diverse team to deliver high quality, advanced numerical software
• Experience in related role, preferably including quality assurance of desktop software solutions
• Understanding of CI/CD workflows, application development lifecycle
• Understanding of object oriented (OO) software development concepts and patterns
• Proficient in English (written and verbal)
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits
• A challenging job in an informal and international environment
• Stimulating innovative and knowledge-driven work environment
• Being part of one of the most successful engineering software companies in the world
• Work on state-of-the-art software and with the latest tools and languages (such as Azure DevOps, TypeScript, C++14)
• Work following cutting-edge software engineering process according to an advanced, quality-oriented workflows with distributed version control, automated build and test environments and code reviews
• Excellent support and mentoring from senior team members to help you grow in your role
Plaxis is part of Bentley Systems, an international software company aiming at comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Plaxis is specialized in geotechnics and focused on developing and supporting the PLAXIS finite element-based software applications for soil and rock analyses. Plaxis has a young international team and is based in a modern new office near the campus of Delft University of Technology.
The PLAXIS software is used all over the world by engineers faced with challenging infrastructural projects (for example foundations, deep excavations, tunnels, dikes and offshore constructions). In addition to the PLAXIS software, we offer our users educational services through workshops, courses and training and we offer them expert advice.
About Bentley Systems:
Bentley Systems is the leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley’s MicroStation-based engineering and BIM applications, and its digital twin cloud services, advance the project delivery (ProjectWise) and the asset performance (AssetWise) of transportation and other public works, utilities, industrial and resources plants, and commercial and institutional facilities.
Bentley Systems employs more than 3,500 colleagues, generates annual revenues of $700 million in 170 countries, and has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions since 2012. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by its five founding Bentley brothers. Bentley shares transact by invitation on the NASDAQ Private Market; strategic partner Siemens AG has accumulated a non-voting minority stake. www.bentley.com
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, Quality Engineer, Software Engineer, Test Engineer, Engineering