R&D Embedded Linux Engineer
Delft , Zuid-Holland , Netherlands
Job type Full-Time Contract Regular/Permanent
Research and Development
Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)
ABB is a worldwide company and leader in the field of the transmission and distribution of electricity, process and production automation as well as electrical, electronic and installation engineering products and systems.
Based in our location in Delft, the Netherlands we are looking for a Senior Embedded Linux Engineer.
For the development of its Terra™ fast charging equipment, ABB Product Group Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure is looking for an Embedded Linux Engineer with the following responsibilities:
- You will design, develop and maintain a secure Linux based operating platform for Electric Vehicle battery fast charger products;
- You will be one of our embedded Linux engineers that will create solutions for our market opportunities;
- You will work in a small Scrum team of talented engineers in an open and informal environment;
- Together you will bring the product from idea to implementation.
- You have at least four years of professional experience with embedded Linux development, C/C++ development, Python scripting and system administration;
- Having experience with cyber security in embedded systems is preferred;
- Experience with build systems for embedded Linux distributions such as Buildroot, Yocto or PTXdist is preferred;
- Having experience with bootloaders such as u-boot, Barebox and/or secure boot is preferred;
- Having experience in kernel and drivers development and tweaking to support new hardware components is preferred;
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent skill level;
- You can work in multi-disciplinary, Agile teams;
- You have proven experience in product design and development;
- You have good analytical and engineering skills;
- You are a clear verbal communicator in at least English and, preferably, in Dutch.
Register your resume and apply online via www.abb.nl by clicking on ‘Werken bij ABB’. If you have questions about the job position you can contact Kidanemariam, George Hintzenweg 81, 3068 AX Rotterdam, tel.