ABB is a global company. Leader in electricity transmission and distribution, process and production automation and electrical, electronic and installation products and systems. We are at the forefront of innovation, following trends and thinking along with our customers. We have brought together 150,000 people working together in more than 100 countries around the world.
Over the last decade ABB has consistently invested in delivering power for the transportation of tomorrow, bringing the digital and physical worlds together. Since entering the EV-charging market a decade ago, ABB has sold more than 17,000 DC fast chargers across more than 80 countries. We are now the partner of choice for the world’s biggest electric vehicle OEMs and nationwide EV charging network operators.
The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all. From intelligent insights to complete electrification solutions, ABB has the resources and technological leadership to make our customer’s e-mobility vision a safe, smart, and sustainable reality.
For our office ABB EVCI in Delft we are looking for a dynamic engineer to join our Electrification Products division in Business Unit Building Products located in Delft as a:
Quality Engineer New Field Introduction (SW)
In this role you will define validation methodology for new product field introduction to accomplish product compliance to customer requirement and applicable standards. You will act with safety, efficiency, quality and productivity to assure that products and service meet stated requirements. You will support the definition and implementation of continuous improvement on products and services. You will lead field data mining and reporting including interoperability and will define product requirement and corrective action to meet customer expectation. You will contribute to quality and reliability knowledge base driving information within the organization to optimize service, repair, preventive and predictive maintenance.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Implement data mining system to collect technical parameters and diagnostic from new and installed products over the network.
• Design and implement data warehouse, KPI and dashboards. Develop advanced and predictive data modeling to interpret key figures.
• Anticipate future product failure defining predictive product maintenance routines. Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to internal stakeholders and customer.
• Design and implement new test cases and test setup for interoperability, report timely and accurate information within the global organization. Work on site and remotely.
• Apply problem solving methodology and work closely with other business functions to accomplish data driven root cause investigation.
• Review product standards, verify product compliance and provide feedback to Organization.
• Define product Hardware and Software corrective actions to solve product issues and increase.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Electronic, Computer, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent skill level.
• Affinity with power electronics, digital hardware and circuit theory; deep knowledge is a plus.
• Proven system integration, debugging skills and database management.
• You have affinity with programming skills: Like C++/C/Python/SQL.
• Skilled in working with Linux in the context of an embedded product: bash scripting, kernel and drivers tweaking to support HW, system administration. • 2+ years of professional experience working in Electronic or Electric company in engineering, R&D, service or quality role. Power electronics preferred.
• Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English and preferably knowledge of Dutch, including good technical writing skills.
We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience.
Register your CV and apply online via www.abb.nl by clicking on ‘Careers’. For questions regarding the open position please contact [email protected], tel.: + 31 (0)10-4078214.