Delft , Zuid-Holland , Netherlands
Job type Full-Time Contract Regular/Permanent
Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Are you smart and energetic enough to join the EVI team, showing an effective and passionate contribution to the team? If that’s that a YES, then let’s sit down and have a talk to see where you can fit in the team and enjoy the fun of working in the rapidly emerging EV market. Making sure ABB will stay the number one in the exploding EV charging market!
ABB is market leader in fast charging solutions which enable 15-30 min. charging time for electric cars, a game-changing technology which allows mass adoption of clean transportation. Next to charging systems, our web-connected fast charging solutions offer a wide range of connectivity features such as remote monitoring, remote management & assistance, payment system and smart-grid integration. In 2016, based on the same technology platform ABB launched an automated fast charger for electric busses, which can recharge an electric city bus in 5-10 minutes without any driver intervention. This product line is now commercially rolled out. Therefore we are looking for a: Project Leader EV Charging Infrastructure, who will also guide and support other project managers in different counties, doing similar projects for the first time.
For our application team in Eindhoven, we are looking for a:
Project engineer, small production series and prototyping, EV Charging Infrastructure
You start being the project engineer who is fully responsible for all the facets for prototyping, from requirements up to production of a small series, commissioning and when commercially successful handover the production to the global operations team. Support new EV charging products used in projects worldwide. Once you get more knowhow your tasks can be expended supporting also local and global sales, R&D with new product introductions, solutions customization projects and/or program managing larger accounts.
How your day could look like, just a random pick of the task which could occur:
- Guide a commissioning in Spain or Poland of a mobile charging unit you have built in Holland with a third party
- Create a electrical schematic for a small series of local smart grids power control cabinets
- Built prototypes just from a sketch as proof the concept to support the R&D department
- Create installation manual for a charge pole which is used of busses and trucks ,
- Organize and give a training for a group of colleagues or customers from different counties,
- Do a quality inspection or end of line test check for a small production series
- New product introduction and go through the assembly instructions you made with the third party production facility.
- Support the I-Pace trophy race at the formula-E in Hongkong or Berlin
- Join the lunch at the different restaurants in Eindhoven The-Stripe, or the Friday afternoon frying pan snacks in our head office in Delft.
- You have a technical degree (HBO level) on medior level;
- you will be pro-actively contacting the customers and third-party suppliers;
- You have experience in production and quality processes;
- You will have experience in mechatronics, power electronics and/or electronics;
- You like to interact with the internal clients to interpret their needs and requirements;
- You have a proven working experience as a Project Engineer in a commercial environment;
- You have an electrical engineering background so able to design, read, troubleshoot, …;
- You have interest in mechanics and civil on understanding level;
- You can use administration systems like SAP;
- You are a perfect communicator and a team-player with excellent organizational skills;
- You are a stress resistant person with lots of flexibility and creativity;
- You are a punctual person who performs the actions in a timely manner with a short response time also keeping;
- Coordination of the projects on time, within budget and within scope;
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch and English;
- Willing to travel, usual short trips and seldomly in weekends;
We offer you a varied job in an international group that attaches great importance to the development of its staff, as well as to quality and safety. In this position, we also offer you the opportunity to specialize in ABB products and systems. Of course, we offer you a competitive and attractive package of employment conditions.
Register your CV and apply online via www.abb.nl by clicking on ‘Werken bij ABB’. If you have any further questions regarding this vacancy, please, don’t hesitate to contact Kidanemariam, George Hintzenweg 81, 3068 AX Rotterdam, tel.:
+ 31 (0)10-4078680
Reference Number NL71729388_E1 Publication date 2019-11-06