Within our innovations department we are in the last phases of our robot design for the parcel logistics market. The project “autonomous sorting” focusses on delivering a high quality but flexible option for the parcel sorting market (think of PostNL). The solution consists out of an arena in which a multitude of robots drive around sorting parcels from input to an output sorting direction. Besides autonomous sorting, we are also developing a “handling projector” for speeding up manual sorting, for example at each chute of a sorting machine.
We are looking for an outstanding mechanical engineer that has experience in 3D design (Solidworks) as well as a track record in bringing prototype to product and therefore, production. Knowledge of electrical engineering and PCB design is an advantage. You will work in a multidisciplinary team focusing on both hardware and software with a size of approximately 10 FTE. This vacancy focusses on mechanical design but has a close connection with mechatronics. Any experience in the latter is therefore considered an advantage.
Your tasks could be (but are not limited to) as following based on projects at hand:
Mechanical / mechatronic design:
- Design of a docking connector for connection to the robot, together with the mechanical (and possibly electrical design) of a smart docking station.
- Design of a portable handheld for operators with the function to wirelessly stop the autonomous sorting robot system.
- Design of a wall charging station, capable of charging multiple battery packs.
- Design of an automatic handover system to the robot
- Making a 2D drawing package of the robot for production and optimizing the robot design for shorter assembly time in production.
- Knowing the ins and outs of the robot in order to act as the first contact person between our production partners and Prime Vision.
- Mechanical (re)design of the handling projector (PCB and component placement), as well as optical chain design. The lay-out should be optimized for assembly and cooling of the components. Experience in efficiently cooling enclosed devices that are required to be dust-free is an advantage.
Within the team we work from design to prototype in order to verify its correct working behavior. We believe in relatively quick proto iterations to speed up the design process together with hands-on experience in what you are designing. You are responsible of obtaining the relevant input from other members of the team to consolidate your design. After the prototype has proved its working principle you will present it to the team and a decision will be made to move on to the next phase or adapt the prototype.
You have a degree in mechanical, mechatronics or industrial engineering with at least three years of experience. Also, you have in depth knowledge of Solidworks and a track record in bringing a prototype to production. Experience in the design of PCB’s and electrical engineering is an advantage.
You are hands-on and ambitious, self-starting with a responsible and flexible attitude and accurate, you love to be challenged and you are a team player with an independent and customer-oriented approach.
What you can expect from us
Our company is all about innovation. We converge the knowledge from our long history and experience in deep learning and the latest IoT and Robotics capabilities to create a fertile ground for innovative thinkers and problem solvers.
At the innovation department, you will work with some of the best brains in the industry busy concocting new hard- and software. You will be properly supervised during your work placement and be given the scope for you to get the best out of yourself. Naturally, we provide suitable work placement compensation.
What we offer
- A global and dynamic working environment with lots of space to develop yourself.
- Flexible working hours and informal atmosphere.
- Market conform salary and excellent secondary working conditions.
- Many nice extras like company fitness and chair massage.
- Challenging and dynamic working environment in a young company that belongs to the top of the world.
- An enthusiastic, ambitious team of colleagues within a dynamic company with great worldwide ambitions and a very flat company culture.
Are you the mechanical engineer we are looking for? Please send your cv and motivation letter before Friday 8th May 2020 to Peggy Kosters per mail: [email protected] Do you want to know more about this vacancy? Please take a look at our website www.primevision.com or contact Bernd van Dijk e-mail: [email protected]
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated