Allseas / Careers / Vacancy detail
Select field onshore or offshore All disciplines
To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We are advancing the record-breaking capabilities of our heavy lift and pipelay vessel Pioneering Spirit even further with the development of a unique jacket lift system (JLS). Positioned aft of the vessel, this specialised offshore lifting system will be able to lift and support steel jacket structures and modules up to 20,000 t for both installation and removal operations.
We are looking for an ambitious Construction Manager with a proven experience in the offshore, shipbuilding or construction industry to co-ordinate the installation activities of the jacket lift system. As part of the Capital Projects Department in Delft, the Netherlands, you will ensure that the work scope is properly prepared and planned such that installation of the jacket lift system can be performed safely on board Pioneering Spirit, within time and budget, and in line with Allseas’ standards and requirements.
- Act as primary interface between office project team and site team onboard Pioneering Spirit, including regular (offshore) visits for preparations and execution of installation works
- Manage subcontractors involved with installation execution works
- Co-ordinate with other internal Package Managers for timely delivery of the JLS work packages inline with the installation schedule
- Ensure outstanding project safety and quality performance
- Implement installation cost reductions and continuous improvement activities
- Expedite actual progress with vendors and subcontractors
- Ownership of scope of work, schedule and budget, including monthly progress reports for the Project Manager
- Identify and timely communicate changes and deviations from the original bid with the Project Manager and recommend course of action for own scopes
- Identify and review concessions, variation order requests and changes to subcontracts
- Lead a multi-disciplinairy support team • Monitor installation engineering
- Review vendors’ and subcontractors’ qualification, verification, inspection and testing plans
- Discuss technical requirements and quality issues with vendors and subcontractors in accordance with contractual requirements
- Attend factory acceptance testing, inspection, construction and installation activities
- Check availability, status, completion and correctness of required goods, services and documents
- Initiate technical constructability and installation ability reviews related to own scopes
- Ensure smooth transition between different project phases and functional handover
What we expect from you
- MSc or BSc degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ within offshore engineering, shipbuilding or a similar position in a construction company
- Excellent cost awareness and negotiating skills
- Pragmatic approach
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
What we offer
- Work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company, active in an ever changing industry
- An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance
- Work in an easy-to-reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Personal and professional growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities
Apply for the role of Construction Manager by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact from our Recruitment Department: .
In our application procedure , you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.
Discipline: Project Management
Workweek: 40 hours
Apply with resume
Or call us at